Calculate your chances...negative...negative...negative!

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Early Motown Thrift Score...

(Sorry, I don't have a pic, yet. My camera was being wonky last night.)

I'm actually going to list the contents of this one, Since I don't have a picture yet. Note: most of these records have initials on one side of the label, but they're still very clean, amazing considering I found them in one of those godawful wire record racks. Odd mix of early Motown and country and promo stamped records from the Liberty group of labels.

Gordy 7001 - The Temptations - Dreams Come True/Isn't She Pretty
Gordy 7002 - Lee & the Leopards - Come Into My Palace/Trying To Make It (2 copies)
Miracle M5 - The Temptations - Oh, Mother Of Mine/Romance Without Finance
Motown M1013 - Henry Lumpkin - Don't Leave Me/What Is a Man (Without a Woman)
Motown M1019 - Popcorn and the Mohawks - Real Good Lovin/Have I The Right
Tamla 54036 - The Miracles - Ain't It Baby/The Only One I Love
Tamla 54048 - The Miracles - I Can't Believe/Everybody's Gotta Pay Some Dues
Tamla 54049 - Sammy Ward - What Makes You Love Him/Don't Take It Away
Tamla 54051 - Bob Kayli - Tim Me Tight/Small Sad Sam
Tamla 54069 - The Miracles - Way Over There/If Your Mother Only Knew (has a small crack on outer edge. Gaah!)

And the others:

Flatt & Scrugs - Ballad of Jed Clampett
The Ly-Dells - Wizard of Love
Hank Williams - Crazy Heart EP (reissue?)
Johnny Cash - Now There Was a Song! Vol II EP
Meade Lux Lewis - Beartrap Stomp
Jerry Landis (aka Paul Simon) - Play Me a Sad Song
The Fleetwoods - Truly Do
Gloria Lynne - I Know Love
Earl Palmer - New Orleans Medley
Bobby Darin - You're the Reason I'm Living
Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Lovin' You/You Are My Sunshine (reissue)
The Clique - Drifter Medley (promo copy)
Fats Domino - Blue Monday

I also found a VHS of some IU games from '85. I could care less about basketball, I bought it for the commercials. It's funny as 75% of the companies that advertised during these two IU games in 1985 are either out of business or have been swallowed up by larger companies.

No comments: