Calculate your chances...negative...negative...negative!

Saturday, December 01, 2007

The Vistas, again



Here's the current incarnation of the Vistalite kit. It's huge. This whole thing is quite a change from the smaller Gretsch drums I was playing. First off, you have the size issue. Bigger drums mean a less compact set up. Then there's more drums to tune and I'm going with lower tunings.

Still, it's fun. I'm going to tackle the cymbal set up next as I don't like the way the right hand ride is hanging up by itself. I think I'm also going to mothball that 22" Zildijan A and go back to my old 20" Paiste 602 for my ride. I think the 22" has a hairline crack somewhere and it's driving me nuts. Plus, I just want a different sound.

Weird coincidence that the same time I change up my kit from what I've been playing for about 10 years, everything with the band changes as well. Change is good, I guess.


----------------
Now playing: Hiromi - Brain
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

Joel Reed Parker said...

Are they crazy heavy? And how far along have you gotten with that strobe light mod I suggested?

Butchie said...

Dude, just ditch the middle tom.