Calculate your chances...negative...negative...negative!

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Airplane Blogging

So here I am, airplane blogging. Obviously, I won't be able to post for a while. It's 5:22 PM Indianapolis time and I haven't a clue where we are currently, but we're going to be airborne for about ten more hours. Joy.

Air Canada first class is pretty sweet. You have these nifty pod deelies, it's pretty standard for big planes, but still impressive. Everyone up here ends up with their own bed in essence as the seats go flat. Did this on our European trip three years ago, though we got bumped up only on the way there. Kristen should have a picture of these things.

Anyway, we went from Indy to Toronto and now are en-route from Toronto to Tokyo. For my in flight entertainment, I watched the entire first season of This American Life. Yeah, I had a vested interest (whoo hoo, I heard my drums for about five seconds just before the credits in episode three) but they really did an awesome job translating an iconic radio show to TV. In short, if you like the radio show, you'll like the TV show. If not, I don't know what to tell you.

I'm a little disappointed that the TVs here in the plane don't have the map channel. Yeah, I know a majority of the time you're looking at nothing more than an outline of a plane over blue (or at least you are on the flights I've had it on) but it's still kind of fun once you get close to your destination.

What else? Well, I didn't really say much about the wedding. It was pretty much amazing. Kristen is an awesome planner and all the people who put things together did such an awesome job. In spite of constantly threatening to run away to Vegas, I think it was all pretty much worth the hassle.

I'm pretty excited to go on this trip, but I think I'm also excited to get life back in order. We've got a huge mess at home and I guess I'm kind of anxious to get things in order. Plus, I have a man-lair to set up. I've been over a month without a turntable and it's bumming me out big time.

Other than that...not much I guess. I'm 32, I'm married and I'm probably over an ocean somewhere, basking in the glow of my MacBook, typing this. Sleep would be good, but I don't know if I'm ready yet.

No comments: