Calculate your chances...negative...negative...negative!

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Not a thrift post...

I really didn't want to get up this morning. First off, I've been sleeping like crap, well, assuming a pile of feces can be said to sleep. Second off, between going to work and staying in bed, I'll chose staying in bed every time. On top of that, I was having a pretty kick ass dream. See, I was close friends with Jay-Z and we were about to start a band. Now I'll have to live the rest of my life wondering if it sounded like that thing he did with Linkin Park or not. (Man, I hope not.)

Anyway, my mornings are infinitely complicated given I go to the gym first thing in the morning and then go straight to work. Not only does that mean I have to get up earlier, but I also have to essentially pack a bag before I head to work. I try to do this is the evening, as I'm much less likely to forget things. So far, I've forgotten my belt, shorts, phone (two or three times) and today it was socks.

However, I never forget my iPod Shuffle. It lives in my gym bag, so it's kind of hard to forget. It's not like I take it out to wash it or anything and I really don't use it when I'm not exercising, so it's not like I ever need it for anything other than at the gym or recharging/refilling with music.

Lately my Shuffle has been acting weird. It's still playing music and all that, but it's not shuffling. It started a few weeks ago when I noticed the same songs coming up. Usually with 1 GB of tunes on the thing, I don't hear everything on it by the time it needs recharged. But I started noticing it was stuck on certain songs.

This morning I heard the exact sequence of songs I heard yesterday. We're talking like 6 or 8 songs in a row exactly the same. I know I'm not imagining things. One doesn't forget a playlist jumping from Glen Campbell to Godflesh to KC and the Sunshine Band, especially not first thing in the morning two mornings in a row.

This means one of several things. I may be crazy. This is an option I've been considering for a while and I haven't totally ruled it out. I may be trapped in a Groundhog Day like scenario. I think I can rule that out as you shouldn't recognize a situation like that one the second day and my complexion is much better than Billy Murray's.

Really, I think it's the iPod. If I was a conspiracy freak, I'd suggest these things have a timer which goes off about the time Apple brings out the next generation so you're encouraged to buy the newer one. Well, screw you Steve Jobs! I'm still using a 2G 20GB iPod and I'll stick with my non-shuffling Shuffle until it ceases to work, thankyouverymuch.

Anyway, that's really all I got for now. Life has been kicking me square in the ass and I'm trying to catch up. It's not really bad, it's just exhausting. I need a vacation. That is all.

No comments: