Calculate your chances...negative...negative...negative!

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Move Backwards Stopped by Obsolete Technology

Dang.

This weekend was it. I finally decided enough was enough. I am tired of the bottlenecks, tired of the crashing, tired of the piss poor performance. I am finally ditching Vista and going back to XP.

I've tried before and just couldn't pull the trigger. Plus, my computer wasn't making things easy. I've done a million XP installs, and for some reason my machine was flat out refusing to boot from the disc.

Long story short, finally got past that. Finally got on the right track. Worked up the nerve to do it. After a whole day of backing up the data on the drive I was going to wipe, I was ready.

Then the XP installer couldn't find a disc. Ok, well, it must need a third party driver for the SATA card I have in there. Alright found the CD, cool.

What? You want that on a floppy? Umm...ok. Now let's see...

oh, yeah...

I JUST GOT RID OF ALL MY FLOPPIES ABOUT THREE MONTHS AGO!!!

Oh man, I need to break something.

----------------
Now playing: Mel Rhyne - Yesterdays
via FoxyTunes

No comments: